Cadillac ELR Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just got my new 2016 ELR...
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:37 pm 

This is my wife's car and she drove a Chevy Volt the past 39 months. The lease came due and we got a great deal on the ELR. We have been pretty loyal Cadillac customers for the past 10-12 years and have owned many SRX and CTS models and my Porsche 911 (We live in Metro Detroit). The Volt certainly didn't live up to the quality and luxury standards we were used to. However, my wife was willing to forego that to have an EV. After 3 plus years, the car got over 100 mpg and she probably filled it with gas < 10 times. Most of her driving was under the 39 mile battery range.

Now to the ELR, just love being back in a luxury car. The interior is spectacular. The exterior really looks sharp. We don't really use the back seat much on her car, but we will see how practical the coupe is. Our kids are grown. I haven't yet tried to get into the back seat to test out the comfort of it getting in/out. We also have an infant grand child and occasionally transport him in his car seat. We will see how that will work out, or, just use the SRX.

Overall with under 100 miles on the car it is a significant upgrade to the Volt. We are familiar with Cadillac Cue system and OnStar from our other car, so learning the settings and use has been relatively simple.

One question we have is,does anyone know how the wireless phone charger works? The manual was not real clear on this. She has an Apple 6 phone. Do we need to get a power mat charger case or something to enable this?

Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2016 ELR...
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 2:06 pm 

Congrats - thanks for sharing so much information!
With the recent news that GM has stopped production, looks like you may have one of the last ones available!