Cadillac ELR Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New owner, happy to be here!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:20 pm 

Hello list. I am the proud new owner of a black on black ELR. I was looking at a Tesla, but in the midwest there are no super chargers and I wanted a daily driver.

I still smile at all the negative press, although I have to be honest and say my purchasing decision was heavily influenced by the huge rebates and free charger from Bosch. I have yet to find a more plush car for the money.

As soon as I figure out the wiring diagram for the mirror to hook up the invisiwire on my radar detector, my car will be nearly perfect!

Post subject: Re: New owner, happy to be here!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:11 pm 

Congratulations! Welcome to the ELR forum! You've joined a very elite group... not very many of us, so far at least!

Black on black - that was my top option, but all my cars are black on black so my wife protested :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:15 am 

Sefar congrats. I am from almost the exact same mindset as you, down to the black on black which we picked up Monday. Loving it so far!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:49 pm 

sefar....congrats and enjoy the new ELR. The car is really an amazing vehicle and it sounds like you got one helluva good deal!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:58 am 

Thanks to all. An exclusive club indeed!

I thought I was too young- 50 next week- for a Cadillac, but clearly this car is not geared for my gramma who wouldn't appreciate the tech features. Tons of fun so far.

I gave up an SLK55, and the performance is a small trade off for the comfort. Those who ride in the back however, are clearly heard to complain in all the quiet!

We are getting the complimentary Caddy charger at home, and bought a bosch charger for the office for under 500 through Amazon- that should be installed this week. So far, so good.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:16 pm 

sefar,

Congrats and 50 is never to young, or old, for anything! The more you drive the car the more you will like it. The quiet of the car is addicting and you will notice a LOT of noise(is missing with the ELR) if you move from an ICE to the ELR and then back to the ICE. I did not realize just how much noise an ICE makes! Be careful of the front end dam of the car...it will scrape everything if you are not careful!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:47 am 

If it makes you feel any better my wife and I are both 35 and own one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:52 pm 

New owner happy to be here here in Chicago Illinois Sargent B is the name.the color is black on black with all the options very nice car.home charger install working great.just waiting on my back order 25 foot charging cable started to do some mods to the car looks pretty good maybe get the windows tinted other than that love the ride.

Last edited by BRADLEY on Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:57 pm 

Hi Sargent B - welcome here!

Share the specs on your ELR - what color and options did you go for?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:51 pm 

I am also new to this forum. I am picking up my new ELR on Monday the 29th of September. The new discounts, charger and federal rebate make this car very attractive. It is silver with black interior. Can't wait to break in the vehicle.