Cadillac ELR Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Any other owners experience these ELR issues?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 am
Posts: 54
- When I go to Settings --> Display --> Turn Off Display, the screen doesn't remain off when the A/C is set to 'Auto,' 'Eco,' or 'Max.' If the A/C is turned 'Off,' then the Center Stack Display properly remains off, even after temporarily turning on for the reverse camera and after shutting off then restarting the car. Sometimes the screen will stay off with the A/C set to 'Min.'

- When I select an album to listen to from my iPod using the steering wheel controls with the Center Stack Display set to something other than Audio, the C.U.E. system correctly plays the songs on the album in order. But if I turn off the car and then restart it 15-30 minutes later, the song sorting frequently reverts to "All Songs" alphabetically, so after the current song finishes, the next song alphabetically (from all songs on the iPod, not just the ones on the selected album) plays next, and so on.

- C.U.E. frequently can't pull up the currently-playing album information on the Center Stack Display if it was selected from the steering wheel with the Center Stack Display set to something other than Audio. To reproduce this problem: with the Center Stack Display on something other than Audio, use the steering wheel controls to browse by album and select a track; select Audio from the home screen of the Center Stack Display; then press the Browse icon to the left of the currently playing song to see if the C.U.E. system can load the list of songs on the album.

- Changing iPhone/iPod audio tracks via the "Seek Up" and "Seek Down" steering wheel controls is frequently very sluggish, especially if skipping multiple tracks.

- The ELR doesn't sort album/song titles property (by ignoring "The," "A," and "An" when one of those is the first word in a title). So every artist and every song whose name begins with 'The' are all listed together in the alphabetical list under 'T'.

- If music on an iPhone or iPod was being played in the car via USB, then I disconnect the device and change the current track to something else, then reconnect the device, the car instead plays the last track the car was playing, not the track I changed to while disconnected.

- If I mute the audio system before making a Bluetooth phone call, the audio inexplicably un-mutes when I hang up the call.

- The 'A/C Off' button functions as a toggle instead of just an off button, so if I press it when the A/C is already off, it inexplicably turns on the A/C.

- When browsing Media from the 5-Way Controller on the steering wheel, there's no way to quickly jump to the tracks on the album (or artist, or genre, etc) currently playing. Instead, when you press the right 5-Way Control button to access the media menu, you have to start all over (e.g., Browse --> Albums --> album name --> tracks).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any other owners experience these ELR issues?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 am
Posts: 54
Some updates from my own testing of these issues:
Blastphemy wrote:
When I go to Settings --> Display --> Turn Off Display, the screen doesn't remain off when the A/C is set to 'Auto,' 'Eco,' or 'Max.' If the A/C is turned 'Off,' then the Center Stack Display properly remains off, even after temporarily turning on for the reverse camera and after shutting off then restarting the car. Sometimes the screen will stay off with the A/C set to 'Min.'
One workaround I've found for this is holding down the Audio power button until the system shuts off. The Center Stack Display will then show a clock on a black background, and you're still able to access Climate controls and the Navigation maps as needed. However, you won't be able to listen to any music.
Blastphemy wrote:
When I select an album to listen to from my iPod using the steering wheel controls with the Center Stack Display set to something other than Audio, the C.U.E. system correctly plays the songs on the album in order. But if I turn off the car and then restart it 15-30 minutes later, the song sorting frequently reverts to "All Songs" alphabetically, so after the current song finishes, the next song alphabetically (from all songs on the iPod, not just the ones on the selected album) plays next, and so on.
This behavior seems to happen most consistently when I shut off the car with the Climate screen on the Center Stack Display.
Blastphemy wrote:
C.U.E. frequently can't pull up the currently-playing album information on the Center Stack Display if it was selected from the steering wheel with the Center Stack Display set to something other than Audio. To reproduce this problem: with the Center Stack Display on something other than Audio, use the steering wheel controls to browse by album and select a track; select Audio from the home screen of the Center Stack Display; then press the Browse icon to the left of the currently playing song to see if the C.U.E. system can load the list of songs on the album.
I've had a difficult time duplicating this problem. It happened over and over the past week, but now that I'm actively trying to cause it to happen, it won't hang up. I don't know what confluence of events lined up perfectly to cause this bug, but I can't seem to find the procedural order again. I'm sure it'll start doing it again once I get the car back from the dealership!
Blastphemy wrote:
The ELR doesn't sort album/song titles property (by ignoring "The," "A," and "An" when one of those is the first word in a title). So every artist and every song whose name begins with 'The' are all listed together in the alphabetical list under 'T'.
That should have been written, "The ELR doesn't sort Artists properly" so that anyone who likes their songs sorted including the initial article wouldn't fixate on the whole alphabetical thing at the expense of confirming the bug.
Blastphemy wrote:
If I mute the audio system before making a Bluetooth phone call, the audio inexplicably un-mutes when I hang up the call.
Now I can't reproduce this behavior. Can anyone else reproduce it? I have no idea what changed in my car to resolve this issue.
Blastphemy wrote:
When browsing Media from the 5-Way Controller on the steering wheel, there's no way to quickly jump to the tracks on the album (or artist, or genre, etc) currently playing. Instead, when you press the right 5-Way Control button to access the media menu, you have to start all over (e.g., Browse --> Albums --> album name --> tracks).
This is also a problem on the main Audio screen for me. Even if it's showing the album on the right and I select it, it just takes me back to the current track playing instead of showing me the tracks on the currently playing album. Unless, of course, I selected the album from the Audio screen, but then I still have to select "Browse" and "Album" and then the Album name to show the tracks. Very inefficient, the C.U.E. system is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any other owners experience these ELR issues?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 am
Posts: 54
It's really amazing how many ELR features are not documented in the Owner's Manual, Personalization Guide, or C.U.E. Manual (if you even got a C.U.E. manual with your ELR).

For example, did you know you could tap the digital clock in the upper right of the Center Stack Display to pull up a black screen with a faux analog clock? Unless that feature is described somewhere without using the word "clock," then Cadillac apparently didn't feel that it was important enough to let anyone know about it because it ain't in any of the manuals that I could find.

There are many other ELR features and procedures I've come across that Cadillac didn't document anywhere, which is perplexing. Is Cadillac turning into Apple (including a bunch of secret settings and then forcing people to buy third-party self-help books to learn about them)?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any other owners experience these ELR issues?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:24 pm
Posts: 44
Blastphemy wrote:
For example, did you know you could tap the digital clock in the upper right of the Center Stack Display to pull up a black screen with a faux analog clock? Unless that feature is described somewhere without using the word "clock," then Cadillac apparently didn't feel that it was important enough to let anyone know about it because it ain't in any of the manuals that I could find.


Maybe when they built the ELR they thought 'we need to put as many features on here as possible' but when it came time to documenting, they forgot about them, or they realized if they list 800 features in a manual it can be too overwhelming and actually turn people off?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Any other owners experience these ELR issues?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 am
Posts: 54
More likely is that Cadillac didn't want to print a separate ELR C.U.E. manual. Instead, we got the ELR Personalization Guide, which is just a bare overview of certain customization settings. My ELR didn't even come with a C.U.E. manual; the dealership had to pirate one from an XLR for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
cron
© Cadillac ELR Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group