Cadillac ELR Forum

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Purchasing the ELR.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm 

What is the Hybrid consumer benefiting from a $50,000 dollar car from an economical standpoint.

Post subject: Re: Purchasing the ELR.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:10 pm 

Voltron wrote:
What is the Hybrid consumer benefiting from a $50,000 dollar car from an economical standpoint.

well it really depends on how this Cadillac would be used, I mean for a person with a short commute and a lot of electrical chargers available this could be a very beneficial car financially considering the price of electricity.

But then again if you live in a cold and mountainous region with not a lot of chargers around this could be an equivalent of buying an overpriced but stylish looking gasoline vehicle with little electrical ability...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:43 am 

fasteddie wrote:
Voltron wrote:

well it really depends on how this Cadillac would be used, I mean for a person with a short commute and a lot of electrical chargers available this could be a very beneficial car financially considering the price of electricity.

But then again if you live in a cold and mountainous region with not a lot of chargers around this could be an equivalent of buying an overpriced but stylish looking gasoline vehicle with little electrical ability...

I'm not that sure that sure that Cadillac ELR is not a worthwhile purchase even for somebody living in a "cold and mountainous region"
because even with those conditions I'm sure that ELR is going to have a good enough battery life for short commutes.

There is a difference between a battery pack that Tesla, for instance, uses and the kind that Cadillac uses.
The Cadillac one is much smaller and is not spread thin on the floor of the power-train and therefore doesn't cool as fast as the Tesla one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:28 pm 

lizzard wrote:
fasteddie wrote:
Voltron wrote:

I'm not that sure that sure that Cadillac ELR is not a worthwhile purchase even for somebody living in a "cold and mountainous region"
because even with those conditions I'm sure that ELR is going to have a good enough battery life for short commutes.

There is a difference between a battery pack that Tesla, for instance, uses and the kind that Cadillac uses.
The Cadillac one is much smaller and is not spread thin on the floor of the power-train and therefore doesn't cool as fast as the Tesla one.

I'm not so sure if the battery life is going to be enough for commutes especially if you consider that there is a big chance that, for now, a lot of workplaces will not have a charging port for the Cadillac ELR to recharge.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:16 am 

Quote:

I'm not so sure if the battery life is going to be enough for commutes especially if you consider that there is a big chance that, for now, a lot of workplaces will not have a charging port for the Cadillac ELR to recharge.[/quote]

But you can always use gas, I mean Cadillac ELR is a hybrid so there is no reason to use solely electricity.