Cadillac ELR Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leasing Information of Cadillac ELR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:43 am 

Has anybody in the Cadillac ELR Forum has got any leasing information? I searched the web but could not find any.

Post subject: Re: Leasing Information of Cadillac ELR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:33 pm 

chris wrote:
Has anybody in the Cadillac ELR Forum has got any leasing information? I searched the web but could not find any.

I have not read such information yet about Cadillac ELR. The forum certainly doent have this info but i'll look for the info and let you know when I find some.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:40 pm 

I heard from a reliable source that the ELR leasing programs will preceed all GM leasing options.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:53 am 

This reminds me it's probably a good time to check in at a Cadillac dealer to find out when THEY have been told the new ELR will become available to them and see if I can get any additional information on a lease. I'd love to trade my Fusion in for one. I drive 12-13 miles each way to work every day and don't have to take clients around. A smaller car like a Cadillac ELR would make more sense and I have the 240-volt outlet in my garage to take advantage of faster charging (4 hours instead of 12).

2005 Chevrolet SSR, Aqua Blur, 6.0L/6-speed, 20K

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:34 am 

davidssr wrote:
This reminds me it's probably a good time to check in at a Cadillac dealer to find out when THEY have been told the new ELR will become available to them and see if I can get any additional information on a lease. I'd love to trade my Fusion in for one. I drive 12-13 miles each way to work every day and don't have to take clients around. A smaller car like a Cadillac ELR would make more sense and I have the 240-volt outlet in my garage to take advantage of faster charging (4 hours instead of 12).

So how is the fusion treating you? What do you think are Cadillac ELR's advantages over the Fusion?

And one more thing I think ELR is actually bigger then the Fusion, I could easily be wrong but I really think Cadillac ELR is bigger.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:50 pm 

Some of the car pricing websites like Edmunds already have a page for the ELR...

http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/elr/2014/?sub=coupe

Motor Trend even has a lease information page, but it is still pretty much blank...

http://www.motortrend.com/new_cars/08/c ... r/leasing/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm 

fasteddie wrote:
So how is the fusion treating you? What do you think are Cadillac ELR's advantages over the Fusion?

And one more thing I think ELR is actually bigger then the Fusion, I could easily be wrong but I really think Cadillac ELR is bigger.

I think this Cadillac ELR might be a bit taller or wider. It's DEFINITELY heavier, by a good 800 pounds. But then again the Fusion Hybrid is more like 3700-something, and that cuts the difference in half. It HAS to be bigger you would think, as heavy as it is and a 2-door.

Advantages will be running all-electric during my commute time and probably for most of my weekend driving when I'm not afraid to fire up the SSR.

The regular Fusion is a car I bought as a compromise, certified pre-owned instead of new. I wanted something smaller than my last car (2007 Ford Five Hundred) and I wanted something cheaper (I got raped, badly, buying that 500). This time around I was able to get the current year model car, (September 2010 built 2011 model, bought in May 2011) but with 34K miles on it already (as an ex-rental). I wanted to buy a used Fusion Hybrid, thinking it would be technologically advanced enough to last me a lot longer than my typical car purchases. I bet if I had done so, I'd still be making sky-high payments on it, but I'd also not be looking for a new vehicle so soon. The car is OK, it gets the job done as far as my commuter, but I feel left behind sort of. It wasn't worth stepping up to the then new Taurus, but that Fusion Hybrid would have been great. The new 2013 Fusion Hybrid is probably at the top of my list right now, but I'm waiting to see what an ELR can lease for versus buying the Fusion Hybrid.

2005 Chevrolet SSR, Aqua Blur, 6.0L/6-speed, 20K

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:17 pm 

I looked on some other forums and saw some people are leasing Volts anywhere from $330 to $580 a month, and I can only imagine a Cadillac ELR would be about 40-50% higher than that unless GM plans to subsidize the leases. Being a Cadillac should give it higher resale value anyway, so maybe $499-$699 a month depending on the length and the miles.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:34 am 

Still no leasing information on that MotorTrend page.

Also, the Cadillac USA website has absolutely no information about leasing an ELR.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:05 pm 

Recently posted on Cadillac's website for the ELR:

$699/month 39 month lease. $5,999 due at signing (after all offers). Tax, title, license, dealer fees, and optional equipment extra. Mileage charge of $0.25 /mile over 32,500 miles. Payments are for a 2014 CADILLAC ELR with an MSRP of $76,000. 39 monthly payments total $27,261. Option to purchase at lease end for an amount to be determined at lease signing. Lessor must approve lease. Take delivery by 01-31-2014. Mileage charge of $0.25/mile over 32,500 miles. Lessee pays for maintenance, repair and excess wear. Payments may be higher in some states. Not available with other offers. Residency restrictions apply.

NOTE: Cadillac is artificially lowering the monthly payment on a base model by requiring $5,999 cash at signing. That number doesn't even include the state sales tax (that will increase it by $63/mo here in California). Gotta love how it states, "monthly payments total $27,261" without pointing out that the lessee would have also paid an additional $5,999 for a total cost of $33,260 (+$2,993.40 sales tax here in CA).

Think of it this way: Total cost in California for that deal (base model only) would be $36,253. So think $930/mo.