Cadillac ELR Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Price of Cadillac ELR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:12 pm 

Voltron wrote:
If gas prices get high enough it will make financial sense. However, the Cadillac ELR it is still better on fuel/wallet than a comparable luxury sports car.

I think it's that way even if the gas prices drop a lttle bit not only because of the savings but just thinking of all the trips to the gas station that I would be able to save myself from would be a worthwhile benefit of owning a Cadillac ELR.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:38 am 

I can't get enough of looking at Cadillac ELR pictures, they really upped the anti with this design.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:01 am 

I'm pretty certain GM will not be trying to compete with the Tesla Model S. The Volt already undercuts that car by quite a bit. Neither the Volt nor the ELR are all-electric except for the initial charge range. I'm actually quite curious to see what the base price will be, but I also know the CTS-V coupe is a $64500 car and the base CTS coupe is a $38900 car. While it would be nice to think it will be priced lower than the Tesla sedan, it is not likely. A $50K Cadillac ELR would be wonderful, and Bob Lutz would love to be able to sell them for that little, but I'm pretty sure it will be at or above $60K to start.

Which begs the question, if it was YOUR $65K to spend, would you want the ELR, or a CTS-V? Would it matter if it was a second car, or your only car?

2005 Chevrolet SSR, Aqua Blur, 6.0L/6-speed, 20K

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:31 am 

davidssr wrote:
I'm pretty certain GM will not be trying to compete with the Tesla Model S. The Volt already undercuts that car by quite a bit. Neither the Volt nor the ELR are all-electric except for the initial charge range. I'm actually quite curious to see what the base price will be, but I also know the CTS-V coupe is a $64500 car and the base CTS coupe is a $38900 car. While it would be nice to think it will be priced lower than the Tesla sedan, it is not likely. A $50K Cadillac ELR would be wonderful, and Bob Lutz would love to be able to sell them for that little, but I'm pretty sure it will be at or above $60K to start.

Which begs the question, if it was YOUR $65K to spend, would you want the ELR, or a CTS-V? Would it matter if it was a second car, or your only car?

In my opinion the Cadillac ELR is definitely a one car material, I can't think of having a desire to drive anything else while owning one, but the problem for Cadillac is if it really does go for that high range price then they are stepping directly on Tesla's turf and that could damage ELR's selling numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:45 pm 

fasteddie wrote:
In my opinion the Cadillac ELR is definitely a one car material, I can't think of having a desire to drive anything else while owning one, but the problem for Cadillac is if it really does go for that high range price then they are stepping directly on Tesla's turf and that could damage ELR's selling numbers.

I don't think it will be a problem, considering Tesla can barely keep up with demand as it is, and those people who lost out on the "base" model Tesla since it became discontinued will be looking for alternatives. I think the Cadillac ELR will fit there just fine even though it is a 2-door.