Cadillac ELR Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Price of Cadillac ELR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:37 am 

Since I'm planning on buying a Cadillac ELR as soon as it comes out, I was wondering if anyone from the Cadillac ELR Forum could tell me about its cost. I'd really appreciate if you could tell me the approximate cost of Cadillac ELR including tax. I tried to find it out but I couldn't.

Post subject: Re: Price of Cadillac ELR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:17 am 

So far I know, it should cost less that $57000 Tesla Model S. Cadillac ELR is expected to cost around $50000. But I don't know how much including tax.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:44 am 

dani wrote:
Since I'm planning on buying a Cadillac ELR as soon as it comes out, I was wondering if anyone from the Cadillac ELR Forum could tell me about its cost. I'd really appreciate if you could tell me the approximate cost of Cadillac ELR including tax. I tried to find it out but I couldn't.

Wow! You're planning to buy a Cadillac ELR! I dont know exactly about the cost, but it is a luxury car. Being the first Cadillac hybrid car, it should be expensive. But still, it's a Cadillac plug in car! So cost shouldn't stop you from having one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:48 am 

adam wrote:
dani wrote:

Wow! You're planning to buy a Cadillac ELR! I dont know exactly about the cost, but it is a luxury car. Being the first Cadillac hybrid car, it should be expensive. But still, it's a Cadillac plug in car! So cost shouldn't stop you from having one.

The price according to me is appropriate.Cadillac ELR is an energy efficient hybrid plug in car which has some brand new and exciting features. its better than tesla so it should cost more.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:11 am 

There is no pricing info of Cadillac ELR as of yet, but we can make some reasonable assumptions. The Chevy Volt has a base MSRP of roughly $39K, depending on where you live. If Caddy is using the Volt’s drivetrain, it will likely upgrade it. Then add in some Cadillac-grade features and that stylish body, you are probably looking at a $70,000 base price.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:59 am 

chris wrote:
There is no pricing info of Cadillac ELR as of yet, but we can make some reasonable assumptions. The Chevy Volt has a base MSRP of roughly $39K, depending on where you live. If Caddy is using the Volt’s drivetrain, it will likely upgrade it. Then add in some Cadillac-grade features and that stylish body, you are probably looking at a $70,000 base price.

Thanks for the info. If Cadillac ELR starts at $70000 then the cost it more likely to be real high once you add the dealer charges and the taxes not to mention insurances. Not sure if I can afford it after all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:16 am 

dani wrote:
chris wrote:

Thanks for the info. If Cadillac ELR starts at $70000 then the cost it more likely to be real high once you add the dealer charges and the taxes not to mention insurances. Not sure if I can afford it after all.

I dont think Cadillac ELR is very costly. Its competitor i8 is asking almost double the price of Cadillac ELR. $70000 is reasonable though it will be more with the tax.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:28 am 

adam wrote:
dani wrote:
chris wrote:

I dont think Cadillac ELR is very costly. Its competitor i8 is asking almost double the price of Cadillac ELR. $70000 is reasonable though it will be more with the tax.

But I read that Cadillac ELR will cost less than $57400 Tesla model S. Not sure about the price of ELR yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:46 pm 

If gas prices get high enough it will make financial sense. However, the Cadillac ELR it is still better on fuel/wallet than a comparable luxury sports car.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:47 pm 

ELR forums are stating that Volt owners are being bashed with the Cadillac ELR introduction to the Hybrid market will the cost of ownership be significantly increased?