Cadillac ELR Forum

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Driving an ELR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:04 am 

I went to my dealership in Salt Lake City where I bought my Volt and I saw one parked in front. I stopped to look and was approached by a salesman. He asked me if I wanted to drive it and of course I did. I just drove it for a couple miles on city streets and for a mile or two on the freeway during rush hour, so I didn't get a chance for an in-depth assessment. One thing really obvious is that the controls are totally different from a Volt so you can't just start fiddling with it. I guess there is a learning curve with any new car with a touch display. The other thing I noticed is that it's way quieter than the Volt. The Volt transmits a lot of road noise from the tires because there isn't enough sound-deadening material. This isn't the case with an ELR. The heated leather seats were wonderful. It drove a lot like the Volt, very smooth and heavy feeling. It isn't a sports car. If I could afford it I'd love to have one.

Post subject: Re: Driving an ELR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:45 pm 

Hi VoltOwner, thanks for sharing! That's exciting, I wish there was an ELR near enough to me to do a test drive!

Do you remember how much the ELR you drove was priced at? Was it at MSRP or above?

Also, where are you located?

Post subject: Re: Driving an ELR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:15 pm 

I'm in Salt Lake City. I told the salesman up front that I wouldn't (couldn't) be buying an ELR, but he was new and needed practice with customers and bored and let me drive it. I didn't ask the price, since I know what it costs and the subject never came up.

I like the size. It isn't huge and ostentatious like a lot of luxury cars, but it's sure to attract attention wherever you go. There are so many BMW's and Audi's that it really stands out. I wish I could afford one.