Cadillac ELR Forum

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New ELR charging station
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:49 pm 

Has anyone had the 240V Bosch charger installed. I am starting the process and wondered what issues other people have experienced or tips to look at for. And total cost? Anyone exceed the $3,000.00 alotted for install?

Post subject: Re: New ELR charging station
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:49 pm 

Installation cost definitely depends on how far the electrician has to run new wire/conduit etc. If you are hanging the Bosch EVSE in your garage right next to the breaker panel, cost shouldn't be more than $500 tops.

I'd be surprised to hear if someone made it to the $3000 limit...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:55 am 

I had one installed, works flawlessly. The electrician sent a bill to Cadillac of $3400, I never got billed for the excess.

I also ordered a Bosch charger for my office. It didn't have the Cadillac badges but everything else functionally is the same. That install was much more difficult than at home- had to crawlspace the wires up- and cost about half as much. Seems to me the Bosch installers take advantage of GM, but YMMV.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:42 am 

yes I've had the charger install in the process can be kinda long depending on the area and time to install 230 volt supply voltage for the unit and then installed to test and make sure the unit is working properly.the 3000 dollar limit should be enough but depending on where you live it may require a little more I don't know if they'll charge you for the extra but I need a 25 foot long cable which the electrician ordered but was backordered so they still have to come out and swap out my cable so that I can charge the car.the total time took me about 4 to 5 weeks to have it install.